Friday, February 12, 2010

The Haunting In CT is this movie really based on a true story ?

is this movie really based on real story is there like an evidence of it ??The Haunting In CT is this movie really based on a true story ?
Just like ';The Strangers';, it was INSPIRED by a true story. Obviously there is no hard evidence that ghosts and such haunted the house that was a former funeral parlor.





It's based on a family's account of strange occurrences happening to their son and daughter after moving into the suburban home back in the 80's. I think the kids' room use to be the embalming room or something.





It's just a horror movie guy. Just like Amityville horror and Poltergeist. No big whoop.The Haunting In CT is this movie really based on a true story ?
I don't know the details of what they say happened there because I haven't seen the movie yet, but what I read about it was that people believed that the house was haunted until the late eighties(if I remember correctly) until there was a senace performed. Since then I guess the family that lives there claims there is nothing ';haunted'; about the house.





I don't believe that it was a ';true story';, and I doubt there is evidence to support it. Just like most ';haunted houses';.
If I had a dime for every time a question was asked ';is (insert movie title here) really based on a true story)';, I'd be rich. People get confused between based and inspired. These events were loosely based on a true story. Approximately seventy percent of the events were probably false and added for the movie. I think the directors meant to say inspired because it would resolve in less confusion and the filmmakers would actually be correct.
';Based on a true story'; can mean just about anything. The Amityville Horror is based upon the story of a guy who went nuts and killed his whole family. There is no proof that he was possessed by any demons or ghosts but they can still claim ';based upon'; simply because part of the story really happened.
Technically yes, it is, but the people that live there now (not the family the movie is based on) and the neighbors say it never happened. The current residents say the house is not haunted, and now they have people literally coming up to their windows and knocking on their front door and being completely inappropriate.
No evidence, just claims.





Several sources have claimed that the story of The Haunting in Connecticut is actually a fabrication. With regards to the accuracy of his portrayal of the events that the movie is based on; the writer of A Dark Place, Ray Garton said, ';Elements of Carmen Snedeker's story clashed with elements of Al Snedeker's story, and it seemed everyone was having a problem keeping their stories straight. Frankly, I didn't notice until I had nearly finished all my interviews and began going over my notes, then I started having trouble matching up the details.';. When Garton approached the investigators about the inconsistencies mentioned, they told him, ';make it up (the story) and make it scary';.
Unfortunately, there is no proven evidence, but there are claims referring to a 'true story'. I'm seeing it on opening night!!
Loosely based. I don't know how many those things really happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment