Sunday, February 7, 2010

Ever been in or lived in a haunted house? true stories!?

Hello all, I live in a house that was build in 1890. It was the mayors house then a doctors office..We hear and see weird stuff all the time..anyone else ever lived or been in a haunted house? what happened?Ever been in or lived in a haunted house? true stories!?
I have lived in three different houses that were haunted, and worked in one that was built in 1840. The one I lived in, my daughter's room was right off the kitchen and I heard a bag of potatoe chips rustlin, thought one of the kids was up so hollered back to go to bed and my daughter came out of her room with a white look, I asked her what was wrong, and she said the chips flew into her room. Sure enough, there they were. In that same house, we always had windows slam shut, even if they were blocked open, doors would shut or open, I saw something looking in the back window once, but when I looked again, gone. The one time that freaked me out was when it sounded like all my plates broke, I ran into the kitchen and nothing was wrong.


In another house, I watched the toilet paper unroll itself, like someone was having a tp party in the bthroom.


The one I worked in, got a picture of a ghost at the top of the stairs on digital camera. I was taking before pictures for the client. one of the other workers was doing some tuck pointing on the fireplaces and a brick flew right past his head. Freaked him out, he refusd to go back in.


I heard steps upstairs,but I was alone, and knew it.


The house I live in now is new, but the land has history, and I think what ever happened here stayed with the house. My kids both have heard a baby crying and a woman saying ';hush';. we have the odd noise or two and doors slamming. One of my music boxes that is up on a high shelf started to play all by itself one time. so, if asked if I believe in ghosts, I most certainly do!Ever been in or lived in a haunted house? true stories!?
Yes I helped my uncle care take a big house on a island.On the third floor where the owners wife died you could hear noises late at night.I was scared to death as a 12 year old hearing books fall on the floor and nobody there but my uncle and me.The third floor door was locked so nobody else could get into the rooms but when we would go up there the next day stuff was moved and books would be on the floor.Now thats scarry.


http://www.darkpendants.com
My house was also built in the mid 1890's, one of the first residents of this house hung himself in the garage out back, way back in the early 1900's. When I was a child in the 1960's, I would lay in bed and hear very heavy footsteps up in the attic, they would persist for very long periods of time, then fade out. Then one day my parents and I had gone out for awhile, came home to find a small pool of blood, yes, blood, on the kitchen floor, we had no pets, and to this day have no idea how it got there while we were not home. My sister says she has seen apparitions of a shrouded man standing in the doorways of our home when she has visited.
I saw my grandfather in his bedroom 2 days after he was buried i didn't get to go to the funeral i think he was saying good bye happend abut 15 years ago
my grandmother's house is Haunted after her mother died you wouldn't believe what kind of strange noises you would here.


I heard once dishes rattling late at night while asleep i ask my granny did she hear it she told me she hears alot of strange noises in her house.


After she passed the day she was buried my cousin and i were playing in our grandmother's room and heard a knocking on the window and no one was there. ( it happened twice)


There was one night my mother heard a ghost moaning coming through the house.


That was the last time we stayed there
spooooky
We lived in a renovated funeral home once. The main thing was that when we had parties, people refused to take pictures after they kept getting their film back full of faces that shouldn't have been there.





Other than that, there were lots of strange things, but nothing really definable; aside from a sighting by me of a very physical woman in our basement and a sighting by my roomie of a bleeding girl in the shower, it was mostly the occasional terrifying presence or things moved around when nobody was home.
Never lived in one but stayed in one. An older house made into two flats, upstairs and down. I saw him at night when I was sleeping in a sleeping bag on the floor. Scared the bejesus out of me! But it was harmless. He moved things around a lot. My friend saw him standing by the laundry sink when she went into the basement to check her rock tumbler. Our friend who lived in the upstairs flat saw him a number of times, and would find things out of place in the kitchen. Once he found five or six potatoes lined up next to the stove. The ghost must have felt like having potatoes for dinner! That year at Hallows we made him a plate with a big baked spud when we celebrated the Sacred Supper for all the beloved dead. I think he might have even been there. :-)





My friends thought he was probably the spirit of the man who had originally owned the house. He seemed confused, like he couldn't understand why all these strangers were in his house. We felt kind of sad for him. They tried to move him on a couple of times, but he was very stubborn and wouldn't leave, so they just left him alone. They called him George - he was harmless. All ghosts are harmless - they can only work on your mind, they can't touch or hurt you.
My house was built in the mid-1800's and it looks the part of the haunted house. Before we painted the porch, parents were afraid to let their children trick-or-treat here because it looked so scary. I wish it actually was haunted though, because that would be amazing...
Oh yes, weird things happen all the time. Someone is constantly walking around upstairs in my son's room...and they like to walk around on the deck too..
I lived in a few that I thought were haunted. Once I lived in an apartment in Lancaster, PA when I was younger one night I was awaked by something but I couldn't pinpoint what it was when I went to leave my bedroom to tell my mom all the lights went on one by one like someone was walking through then when I called for my mother they went out all at the same time!!! There was another apartment I lived in that I had more than one very scary occurrances!! I would always see something walk by, hear someone doing dishes (in the dark empty kitchen), and one night my boyfriend and I were laying in bed there was a box full of things next to the bed. The box was very heavey!!! We heard a sound like somebody was tapping on it then when we sat up to see the box slid across the room!!!!! I have goosebumps just talking about it! Also in this same apartment my boyfriend's parents door would open and close. All of the people in the building had some type of experience....freaky!
My parents' house is haunted. Growing up there, it would open up my closet door, pull my hair, nudge me, move things around, turn the tv on and off, etc. To me, that was normal. I always told my parents we had a ghost, but they never believed me until my old bedroom was turned into my daughters playroom for when she visits. My mom and daughter were upstairs playing with Barbies and a swivel rocker did a 360 and scared my mom and my daughter. My mom called my dad upstairs and when my dad got upstairs, it turned again. When I go over there, I can sense if it's around me or not and every once in awhile, it will tug on my hair.
My cousins house is haunted by a small boy. I didnt believe them at first. Then my aunt placed 4 toys on the dining room table, and then next thing you saw was one of the toys moving. Its funny because the ghost will only make noise with the toy but doesnt make footsteps or any moaning noises
yes, my grandaughter noticed a deceased grandparent standing in the hallway... my two dogs actually stood there and barked at whatever it was that everyone could see but me... pretty scarey.
When i was born, me, my mom and dad were living in this new house. The lande used to be a rubber plantation. At night I would suddenly start crying so my parents went to this witchdoctor type person and he told us that an old amn was walking through that very room so he did something to stop me crying. Before my third sister was born we moved houses, I only knew why now, my mom told me she had seen things walking up and down. Recently, my granma's cat had died and it was buried in front of our house. I think it was the cat's ghost.
My friends house is haunted by his grandmother. It's really crazy, one day we were watching tv, and we saw footprints walk across the carpet (nobody was there). Then, we were playing pool, and the 8-ball was right in the corner pocket, straight shot. I hit the cue and the 8-ball did not move, and then the cue ball proceeded to go back in the opposite direction into the pocket.
  • buy web hosting
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment