Friday, February 5, 2010

Is it true that theaters are haunted and that actors see ghosts at times?

I wouldn't think all theaters are haunted, or all actors see ghosts, but I am sure there are some.


Theaters however, are big, open, accoustically confusing places. I am sure that being in an empty theater, haunted or not, that one would get strange feelings. This could lead one to believe the building is haunted. Once you believe something is haunted, its easy to start seeing things and sensing spirits, even if they are not there. It's just the influence of suggestion on our own minds.


However, this in no way means that there aren't haunted theaters. Because of the generality of your statement, I would have to say true.Is it true that theaters are haunted and that actors see ghosts at times?
I don't know about ';true';, but quite a lot of theatres here in London, UK, are reported to be haunted, and lots of actors have had spooky experiences. Take a look here:





http://www.arts-info.co.uk/pages/ht_euro鈥?/a>





And:





http://www.headlesshorseman.co.uk/theatr鈥?/a>


http://www.bbc.co.uk/liverpool/stage/200鈥?/a>


http://www.theatreroyal.org.uk/history/a鈥?/a>Is it true that theaters are haunted and that actors see ghosts at times?
Some well known ghost hunters believe that theaters are likely to be haunted because of the intense energy of actors and the emotions of the audience. they do not teach that all theaters are haunted but many are. I was on one yahoo group a few years ago who the owner was an actor and ghost hunter and he said theaters are very active.





The ones I have heard about though have had a death of someone involved in the theater.


BB
Theatres are generally very superstitious in general, largely because of this. Every theatre has a ';ghost light,'; a bare bulb (often on a pole) that remains lit when all other lights are turned out. It's rumored and generally accepted in serious professional theatres that ';every theatre has a ghost'; but personally I don't believe that. However, i don't doubt that SOME do :)
Anyplace can be haunted, not just theaters. The lore about haunted theaters probably sells tickets. Anyone can see a ghost, too. I was a skeptic until my first encounter in '79, when I was 23. Now, like the cowardly lion in Wizard of Oz, 'I DO believe in spooks!'.
I used to act at several old theaters around where I lived... and I never saw a ghost. However, the old theaters are very creepy, especially at night and when alone. They make tons of noises, too. I don't think it has anything to do with ghosts though.
Some theaters are haunted. Some even reserve seats for resident spirits ( so the paying patrons are not disturbed ).
Hey, whatever it takes to increase ticket sales.

No comments:

Post a Comment